Sunday, November 8, 2015

Brett Cue 365

                                          Photo credit John Sanders




First off, Brett, thanks for taking the time to do this. It means a lot. 



What got you into racing? 


Well, for as long as I can remember, I’ve loved dirtbikes. When I was little, I was scared to have my own or ride by myself, but I loved being at the track and riding with my dad. I knew everything about the sport, but was too scared to ride, myself. When I was 10, I decided to give riding a shot. I raced once when I was 13, but didn’t start really racing until I was 15 or 16. My family supported every one of my decisions, no matter if it was to race or to do something else, so I’m very thankful for that!



I know you're from Oklahoma, so was Guy Cooper a big influence on you?


For sure! I think it was the same story for any young rider in that region. I believe he is part of the reason I turned out the way I did. He was always all about having fun on a dirtbike and throwing whips! I learned a lot of the whip style I have from watching him all those years! My dad and him use to ride together a lot, so we spent quite a bit of time at the track with Guy as I grew up. His riding abilities were way before his time and he had a good attitude and personality to go along with it, so he was definitely one to look up to!

What inspired you to do your X Games videos? 
I wasn’t in the best place in my life at the time. Most of the racing I use to do had kind of stopped and I didn’t have many goals to look forward to as far as riding goes. Dayton Daft had just started doing videos and we thought it would be neat to do a series to try to accomplish something that I really never thought was possibility. Even though it didn’t work in 2013 and now it’s almost 2016 and I’ve still never been invited to X Games, I feel like that was a huge part in getting me where I am today. Even if I never end up getting into X Games, I can’t complain a bit.



Obviously the goal was to make it into X Games, but could you have imagined everything else that has happened as a result of those videos?


Not at all. To be honest, Dayton and I had, and probably still have, no idea what we were doing. We paid for everything we did out of our own pockets and were just truly pumped to get to do the things we did. Even now, I am probably the luckiest guy in the world. Not many people can say they have a job they really really love, but I definitely can.



What is your position at Motosport.com? and what does it entail?


I am the brand ambassador for MotoSport.com. No matter if it’s making videos, talking for commercials, going to events or taking care of guests, I’m the guy. I also do the amateur support program as well as helping with the custom graphics program we just started.



You and motosport.com have put out a couple of videos of you on a two-stroke.  Can you tell me a little about that?


I found a super fresh 2007 CR250 at the end of last year and bought it right away. Since then, we have done a few select videos and commercials with the bike. I’ve been trying to keep it fresh since she is so beautiful, but it’s so fun to ride that it’s hard sit and look at it in the garage! If all goes according to plan, I may have another 2 stroke in the stable soon as we will be able to put out some more cool videos!  




We've seen you at the Monster Energy Cup, you were an alternate at last years X Games, and raced some outdoor nationals. What's next for Brett Cue?


Honestly, I never know what’s coming up until it happens most of the time. You never know where you’ll see me next, but as long as I’m having fun, I couldn’t ask for more! Hopefully this year I will land on the podium at Monster Cup and get an invite to X Games. If either of those happened, the rest would just be icing on the cake!




Just wanted to thank you again Brett for doing this interview I can't wait to see what you have in store in the future.


Thanks buddy! Good to meet you!

1 comment:

  1. Quality content and beautiful picture is the first step to attract the visitors and the stuff your blog is presenting has won the heart of mine.keep it up. Thanks for sharing.

    Dirt Bike Graphics

    ReplyDelete